Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Become a facile digital changer with Acrobat

Acrobat Pro is one of the most underutilized software programs available to Scripps faculty. This hands-on workshop enabled you to:
  • transform any document to a universally readable format for emailing or posting on the web (or Sakai)
  • protect documents from being excerpted or printed
  • add a verifiable and secure digital signature to documents
    Acrobat Pro on Resources in Sakai here + a refresher video

How will you implement what you have learned in this workshop in a fall 2011 course?

5 comments:

Vera said...

This workshop was great because I learned how to use digital signatures. I will definitely use this skill in the Fall for letters of recommendations for my students.

vmrteree said...

Learning about digital signatures was very useful and I will also use it for my letters of recommendation. In addition, it was very useful to tell students, when they have software incompatibility problems, to send us their text documents as pdfs. I will definitely use this information a few times every semester!

vmrteree said...

Learning about digital signatures was very useful and I will also use it for my letters of recommendation. In addition, it was very useful to tell students, when they have software incompatibility problems, to send us their text documents as pdfs. I will definitely use this information a few times every semester!

Cesar said...

I will definitively use the digital signature, which we learned how to create during the workshop, in order to sign the numerous letters that I have to write each semester.
In addition, after the workshop I was practicing with some of the tutorials from Adobe TV and I found very interesting the following ones: Basic of editing a PDF document, Creating simple forms, Combining files in Acrobat and Recognizing texts in scanned PDF documents.
Next semester I will use in Sakai more texts in the PDF form.

Sue said...

The digital signature feature is brilliant--very useful for letters of recommendation. I'd like to learn more about Adobe--e.g., how to create forms (have struggled with this one!).

Thanks for the informative workshop--