Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Harness the power of digital images with Photoshop

This hands-on workshop empowered you to effectively utilize your digital images for pedagogical & professional projects. The workshop explored cropping techniques, creating composites from a set of photos, highlighting your point right on the photo and organizing groups of images.

Online workshop Resources in Sakai here and a refresher video:


How will you implement what you learned in this workshop in a fall 2011 course?

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Photoshop is a powerful and complex software and the workshop provided a useful overview of what it can do. I will have to work with it a lot more to feel proficient, but for now I will use what I have learnt in my French 33 class where I use a lot of images to structure and elicit conversations.

vmrteree said...

The Photoshop workshop was very useful at introducing us to the various toolbar menus and the general software design. I will definitely use it now to crop and clean up photos especially as I develop a website.

Cesar said...

I have hundred of slides that I scan and put in Power Point for my classes but some time I have to make modifications. I used Photoshop in the past for editing, but the new version is more versatile and sophisticated. I will be using Photoshop more frequently now particularly the tools for cropping, cloning and patching. I will add text to slides.

Yuvus Avnurus said...

Now that I know how to use photoshop, I will make my handouts for courses much more interesting, and also will be able to design posters for events.

Sue said...

Tip of the iceberg, but great to know how to use some of Photoshop's features. I have already used Photoshop to prepare photos for e-mail and have photos I plan to modify for the IWS website, when we get it up and running end of summer. I may also use it to put images on a class blog for fall.