Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Your web presence: the good, the bad, & the ugly

What is your web presence? Why might it matter? This workshop helps you to answer these questions and examines the options to create or update your Scripps College website (pages.scrippscollege.edu/~yourusername) or department website using
  • Dreamweaver web design software
  • the Faculty Site Starters program
  • iWeb and WordPress software
  • perhaps Blogger should have been included.... 
Online workshop Resources in Sakai here

    How you will implement what you  learned in this workshop in your teaching this fall?

    2 comments:

    Vera said...

    This workshop was helpful in thinking about how to maintain and most importantly how to update websites easily. I would like to learn more about WordPress in order to make easy to maintain websites for the French Studies Department or for other extracurricular projects I plan for my students. My Fall projects are to envision a website for the department and to design a website for the Music Salon project.

    vmrteree said...

    This workshop made me realize how much easier it is to create and maintain a website for me. It was also very practical in showing us how we can change the information that a search of our name brings up. I will also definitely change these facebook settings!